Dr. Noah’s Gluten Free / Casein Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin / 1 can (trader joes or just use the classic Libby’s)
- 3/4 cup palm / coconut sugar (any sugar will work)
- 2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used the canned type)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin spice. Stir in eggs. Gradually add coconut milk. Stir ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the *unbaked pie crust. Bake in the middle rack in the center of the oven for about 1 hour (or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.) Cool for an hour on top of the stove then put in the fridge to chill.
*Full disclosure it is simply just to annoying for me to make my own pie crust – Wholefoods has a great gluten free / dairy free unbaked frozen pie crust that works great in this recipe and is perfect if you like quiches as well!
**I recommend using all organic ingredients if possible!